iphlpapi: Only call res_init() once per process

James Liggett jrliggett at cox.net
Thu Apr 19 13:41:58 CDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-04-19 at 07:49 +0200, Kai Blin wrote:
> On Wednesday 18 April 2007 20:39, Hans Leidekker wrote:
> > +static int resolver_initialised;
>
> Shouldn't that be
>
> static int resolver_initilised = 0;
>
> here? I thought that in C, ints aren't initialized to 0 automatically.
Actually I think in this case they would be. Most compilers do this by
default IIRC (if you'd like to see for yourself, try the attached test.)
Still, I think it would be prudent to put the 0 in there anyway, sine I
don't think there's a standard that says compilers have to do this so
there could potentially be portability problems.

HTH,
James