gethostbyname(my_name) and IL2-Sturmovik CONTINUED

Kai Blin kai.blin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 05:57:18 CDT 2007

On Friday 20 April 2007 12:09, Briareos wrote:
> My opinion is simple:
> To me it's logical that you get 127.0.0.1 when pinging your local hostname,
> but if windows does give the IP of your NIC then wine should do as well -
> as we want to reach compatibility.
>
> If, on the other hand, you say it's simply bad programming done by the
> app-developer if he tries to fetch the IP of the NIC that way, I'd say
> let's still comply to it, because its more likely than having a programmer
> expecting to get 127.0.0.1 when asking for "localhostname".

There is no "bad programming" in this context. Either it works this way on
Windows and we'll have to cope with it or not. I'll look at those traces
again and will send a conformance test to check this.

Cheers,
Kai

--
Kai Blin, <kai Dot blin At gmail Dot com>
WorldForge developer    http://www.worldforge.org/