[programs/uninstaller] fixed patch, but there is a problem somewhere else...

Tom Spear speeddymon at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 18:31:31 CDT 2007

With James' help, I managed to get the uninstaller patch done up
right, however, I am running into a small problem.

The way I had originally done the array at the top of
FetchUninstallInformation was not correct, however it allowed for
proper functionality.

HKEY hkeyroot[numrootkeys];
hkeyroot[0] = HKEY_CURRENT_USER;
hkeyroot[1] = HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE;

With that code, I can open the uninstaller, and see all of the
uninstall entries.

With the following, correct code:

HKEY hkeyroot[] = { HKEY_CURRENT_USER, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE };

When I open the uninstaller, the first uninstall entry is not shown
(and from what I can tell in the additional traces that I put in,
looks like it is not even being found).  However, when I type
something into the filter editbox, like the first letter of that entry
that is missing, it appears.

The same function is being called with the dialog first opens as is
being called when the dialog refreshes.

If I type into the filter field, and then select something and hit
uninsall, and then cancel the uninstall, the window updates again, and
the first entry disappears again.

Like I said, the UNINSTALL calls UpdateList, the INITDIALOG calls
UpdateList, and the FILTER calls UpdateList as well, however in
UNINSTALL and INITDIALOG cases the first entry does not appear.

I think the problem is somewhere else in wine, but I cannot confirm
this right now without doing a trace+all, and I am leaving work for
the weekend..

The patch and registry file I am using are attached if anyone wants to
look into this while I am gone.

--
Thanks

Tom

Check out this new 3D Instant Messenger called IMVU.  It's the best I
have seen yet!

http://imvu.com/catalog/web_invitation.php?userId=1547373&from=power-email