SambaXP 2007 Report, Day 1

Kai Blin kai.blin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 03:33:42 CDT 2007

Hi folks,

this will be the first installment of my SambaXP 2007 report.

SambaXP started on monday with a tutorial from Jerry Carter, which was
interesting but not really related to Wine. However, in the evening I finally
managed to grab hold of Steve French to talk about implementing a remote
named pipes interface in cifs. This afternoon, the actual conference is about
to start, featuring a couple of talks about winbind, cifs and couple of other
things that might be interesting for Wine.

For remote named pipes, Steve suggested to use mount to set up the pipes,
switching from byte mode to message mode and back using chattr. I'll look
into writing some example code for Steve to test and then we'll look into
kicking that off.

That's it for the monday writeup, I expect that today will give more
intersting things to write about.

Cheers,
Kai
--
Kai Blin, <kai Dot blin At gmail Dot com>
WorldForge developer    http://www.worldforge.org/