[Try 3] [programs/uninstaller] Check HKCU for uninstall entries

Tom Spear speeddymon at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 10:21:53 CDT 2007

On 4/25/07, Peter Beutner <p.beutner at gmx.net> wrote:
> Tom Spear schrieb:
> Imo it's more common to use all uppercase names only for macros.
> And i think it is mostly done that way in wine.
> In fact you have to look quite hard to find an all uppercase variable name ;)
I agree, which is why I had it with certain letters capitalized, originally.

> But are there any reasons why making that a variable at all?
> #define MAX_SUBKEY_LEN 255
No particular reason other than trying to keep the with the same
format as the rest of the file.

> > Undid the random whitespace change.  Any others?
> it is still there in try4
> -
> +
>              RemoveSpecificProgram( argv[i++] );
>
> there is one more
> -                    if(count != 0)
> +                    if (count != 0)
Fixed.

> >> +               WINE_TRACE("allocated entry #%d: %s (%s), %s\n",
> >> +                numentries, wine_dbgstr_w(entries[numentries-1].key),
> >> wine_dbgstr_w(entries[numentries-1].descr),
> >> wine_dbgstr_w(entries[numentries-1].command));
> >>
> >> You mixed tabs and spaces, and that line is too long.
> >
> > Who originally wrote this damn code and how did it get by you in the
> > first place?  If it's too long, please give more info on how I can
> > make it shorter, while still getting the same output.  Especially
> > since I didnt write that line.
>
> As a suggestion:
> uninst_entry *entry;
> entry = &entries[numentries - 1];
>
> Now you only need to write entry->xxx instead of entries[numentries - 1].xxx
> in that whole block and get slightly shorter lines.
That is very helpful, thanks!

Hopefully here is the last try, coming up in my next email.
--
Thanks

Tom

Check out this new 3D Instant Messenger called IMVU.  It's the best I
have seen yet!

http://imvu.com/catalog/web_invitation.php?userId=1547373&from=power-email