Winscard support (for smart cards)

mounir.idrassi at idrix.Fr mounir.idrassi at idrix.Fr
Wed Apr 25 11:48:31 CDT 2007

Hi,
We have noticed that wine doesn't have the winscard dll responsible for the
support of smart cards under windows. For the need of one of our projects, we
are currently developing this dll for wine under Linux based on the pcsc-lite
library. Once done, we'll share it with the community. However, we would like
to known the reason behind the lack of winscard support. Is it simply because
no one needed it before or maybe there is an issue with the pcsc-lite license?
Thanks in advance for your information.

Cheers,
Mounir IDRASSI
IDRIX