[Try 5] Check HKCU for uninstall entries

Peter Beutner p.beutner at gmx.net
Wed Apr 25 11:52:36 CDT 2007

Tom Spear schrieb:
> Hopefully this will be the last try.
>
> Instead of just checking HKLM for uninstall entries, check HKCU as well.
>
> Converted all instances of entries[numentries-1].xxx to entry->xxx
> Fixed a bug with a trace.
> Ran the file thru kwrite to make SURE there are NO tabs!
> Double checked the diff to make sure no whitespaces were removed by
> adding new lines.
>
> Any comments?

> +static uninst_entry *entry;
You only need this variable in  FetchUninstallInformation(). Just declare it
there, no need to make it global.

> +        if (!entries)
> +            entries = HeapAlloc(GetProcessHeap(), 0, sizeof(uninst_entry));
You can move this out of the for() loop as you only need to do this once.

> +                WINE_TRACE("allocated entry #%d: %s (%s), %s\n", numentries, wine_dbgstr_w(entry->key),
> +                wine_dbgstr_w(entry->descr), wine_dbgstr_w(entry->command));
Better write this as:
+                WINE_TRACE("allocated entry #%d: %s (%s), %s\n", numentries, wine_dbgstr_w(entry->key),
+                           wine_dbgstr_w(entry->descr), wine_dbgstr_w(entry->command));
It's just easier to see this way that the second line still belongs to the first.

> +        /* If no uninstall information can be found, then display a dialog to let the user know.
> +         * Windows doesn't do this, why do we?  We should just catch the error and silently return..
Just imo, but i would rather post this question to the mailing list or just
propose a patch to change it. It doesn't really help to put this question in the code ;)