Uninstaller: 2 questions

Tom Spear speeddymon at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 12:26:26 CDT 2007

Why do we show a dialog if there are no uninstall entries found in the
registry?  Windows does not do that, and I think we shouldn't either.

However, on that same note, I think we should, since this uninstaller
is not designed to mimic Windows' Add/Remove Programs, catch when a
program's uninstaller does not remove it's uninstall entry from the
registry, after the process exits, and go ahead and remove the entry.

I already have a patch for the 2nd question ready to be committed once
my patch to check HKCU is committed, however I am waiting for comment
before I actually send it.  The first question I will wait to write a
patch for, however it is only like a 4 line patch..

--
Thanks

Tom

Check out this new 3D Instant Messenger called IMVU.  It's the best I
have seen yet!

http://imvu.com/catalog/web_invitation.php?userId=1547373&from=power-email