Uninstaller: 2 questions

Tom Spear speeddymon at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 13:53:42 CDT 2007

On 4/25/07, Frank Richter <frank.richter at gmail.com> wrote:
> So a user starts the uninstall app but doesn't see a dialog... and
> probably thinks it's a bug. On the other hand, just showing a dialog
> with an empty list makes it clear that there's nothing to uninstall and
> will probably not produce false bug reports.
Good point.  I will leave it alone.

> > I just worry we will get in to a
> > situation where the uninstall partly worked and uninstall.exe goes
> > ahead, removes the entry and then the user is left with old files
> > floating around. Better to leave the entry and then the next time they
> > try to run it, prompt them to just remove the offending entry.
Well, if we remove the entry, we need to let the user know what is
going on.  Windows does it this way, and the reason is because (at
least with some of the smarter users), it will make them realize that
they should check to see if there are any stale files hanging around.

--
Thanks

Tom

Check out this new 3D Instant Messenger called IMVU.  It's the best I
have seen yet!

http://imvu.com/catalog/web_invitation.php?userId=1547373&from=power-email