winetricks: Add Package "gecko"

Detlef Riekenberg at
Thu Apr 26 11:15:36 CDT 2007

On Mi, 2007-04-25 at 22:13 -0700, Dan Kegel wrote:
> On 4/25/07, Dan Kegel <dank at> wrote:
> > Detlef wrote:
> > > gecko is required before we can add the flashplayer
> >
> > I'm a bit confused.  Wine will load gecko itself on demand,
> > why do you need it in winetricks?

> Oh, I bet you're working on making life easier for the user in
> right?

I installed Firefox from the feisty-dvd in wine
and watching a flash-video.
Worked after downloading and installing the plugin.

Then i tried plain wine and the result was:
"Click here to get the Plugin" and
"After installing the plugin, click here"

The "Download now" at the "Adobe Flash Player Download Center: Windows"
does also not work, so i want to give winetricks a try

1: Use a clean wine
2: install gecko (winetricks gecko)
3: install the flash player

wine iexplore.exe \<your_prefered_id>