Mandriva rpms

Anssi Hannula anssi.hannula at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 10:45:24 CDT 2007

marco wrote:
> Anssi Hannula wrote:
>> marco wrote:
>>
>>> Ivan Leo Puoti  has not much time lately to make the rpms for mandriva.
>>> So I volunteered  to make them.
>>>
>>> So I made a rpm from the latest rpm.
>>>
>>> How do I get this rpm on the winehq download server ?
>>>

>> Note that latest Wine RPMS for Mandriva 2007.0 are also available in the
>> official Mandriva main/backports repository.
>>
>> Updating them to 0.9.35 has been delayed, however, due to an SVN outage
>> at Mandriva.
>>

> I'm aware of that but I think the backports repository and the winehq
> download page have
> a different  purpose.
> People downloading the latest wine not always want the latest of all
> there packages.
>
> And the package in the backports repository can not easily  be
> downloaded as a separate package
> because it is split in a library package and a main package.

(sorry for not replying earlier)

If you add the backports repository, the packages there won't be
automatically used to update the system by the graphical updater
(rpmdrake). Instead you can invidually select the packages you want to
install from there.

If you are using the console urpmi tool, you can use parameter
"--update" in addition to --auto-select/--auto-update when installing
updates, that causes urpmi to update only packages from the mediums
marked as update mediums (you can mark/unmark update mediums in rpmdrake
or in /etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfg).

--
Anssi Hannula