(win16) simple CreateBitmapIndirect() fails on Windows? 2nd try

Jennifer Lai jenlai at google.com
Wed Aug 1 17:34:50 CDT 2007

Hi,

As I was writing tests for win16, I encountered the problem that even
the simplest case of CreateBitmapIndirect fails on Windows? However,
it succeeds with desired properties set on Wine.
I used Open Watcom as well as MS Visual C++ Version 1.52 to compile
these win16 tests.
OpenWatcom can be downloaded for free here:
http://www.openwatcom.org/index.php/Download

The following commands are used to compile the test using Open Watcom.

wcc -D_X86_ -DSTANDALONE bitmapIndirect.c
-i=C:\WATCOM\h\win;C:\WATCOM\h -w4 -e25 -zq -od -d2 -bt=windows
wlink file bitmapIndirect.obj

This seems very mysterious to me. I'd really appreciate for any comments.

Jennifer