[1/5] DDraw: Some drivers return DDERR_INVALIDPARAMS if DXTn surfaces aren't supported

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Thu Aug 2 12:10:28 CDT 2007

Am Donnerstag, 2. August 2007 13:57 schrieb H. Verbeet:
> On 02/08/07, Stefan Dösinger <stefan at codeweavers.com> wrote:
> > > If the return value is irrelevant though, what's the point of the test?
> >
> > I want to catch all the possible return values from windows drivers, even
> > if it's just for documentation purposes.
>
> That doesn't seem very useful if there are no actual applications
> depending on those values.
The idea is to catch a few things in our test beyond needs of apps known to
us. Some of my tests test things even though I had no application that really
needed it. So I prefer to document things I come accross, even if I can't see
an immediate use, and will most likely never have a use. You never know what
the future brings.

I do not claim that I have a scheme when writing tests for unused functions or
not doing so, it mainly depends on wether I'm in the moot of writing a
test :-)