#1 winhttp: Forward WinHttpTime{From, To}SystemTime to their counterparts in wininet.

Jacek Caban jacek at codeweavers.com
Thu Aug 2 15:28:29 CDT 2007

Hans Leidekker wrote:
> We should be able to implement more than 95% of this dll by wrapping/forwarding
> to wininet. That's better than many other dlls in Wine and we're already seeing
> regressions in apps trying to use our stub winhttp.

And when we'll find an app (I'm sure we will) that uses the remaining 5%
of winhttp, we'll have to reimplement it properly, what will be a real
pain. I agree that such a big code duplication is ugly, but that's the
way to go. We may separate the common code to different files in wininet
and keep them in sync with winhttp. This way it shouldn't be too hard to
implement most of the functionality you have implemented.

Jacek