[1/5] D3D9: Deal with failing surface creation

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Sun Aug 5 17:45:30 CDT 2007

Am Freitag, 3. August 2007 18:18 schrieb H. Verbeet:
> On 03/08/07, Stefan Dösinger <stefan at codeweavers.com> wrote:
> > +        ok(SUCCEEDED(hr) || hr == D3DERR_INVALIDCALL,
> > "IDirect3DDevice9_CreateTexture: %s\n", DXGetErrorString9(hr));
>
> Same comment as for yesterday's test (even though that one apparently
> made it in), I don't think that's a useful test. As the patch comment
> says, the point of the test isn't to test CreateTexture behaviour.
Yes, but on the other hand it does not cost much. I still prefer to have tests
which are on the first sight useless. There may still be some windows driver
which returns an unexpected value. Even if we don't do much about it, except
changing the test to not bail out, it may be of use(e.g. a game doesn't work
on that driver and the vendor says this happens because the card is not fully
directx9c capable). The tests documents a tiny, neglicable bit of
information, but it still documents something.

If the CreateTexture call was the core of that test I'd check the device caps,
check if the pixel format is supported and check the return value based on
the supported formats.