user32 - set_active_window uses SendMessage instead ofPostMessage for WM_ACTIVATEAPP messages.

Peter Dons Tychsen donpedro at tdcadsl.dk
Sun Aug 5 21:07:40 CDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-08-06 at 01:26 +0200, Peter Dons Tychsen wrote:

> I will go back and redo the tests with this approach, now that you have
> torpedoed my idea, which i probably deserved.

OK. To recover from my earlier brain-dead idea, i think i have came up
with a much simpler solution, based on your recommendations.

Please review this idea.

The patch adds support for checking posted messages by
emptying the queue, and marking all dispatched messages as
sent instead of posted.

As soon as it is introduced however, it will breaks some test-cases
which then needs fixing, as more messages are checked. Not sure about
the workload in this.

Unfortunately this does seem to indicate that my original idea that
WM_ACTIVATEAPP should be posted is wrong (scratch that silly patch).
Sorry for the mess. :-)

/Pedro