Direct3D Game test framework

martin pilka mpilka at codeweavers.com
Mon Aug 6 09:49:03 CDT 2007

> Do you have HKCU/Software/Wine/Direct3D/DirectDrawRenderer set to "gdi"
> perhaps? This disables D3D support altogether. You could try with a
> fresh .wine, it should run 3dmark2000 and 2001 out of the box.

I tried latest WineHq, it created ~/.wine directory and installed
3DMark2000 correctly, however when I try to run I get same complains:
"3DMark needs DirectX7 and proper drivers installed". Also, this is printed
on console:

cxtest at mpilka:~$ ~/cxtest/wine/wine ./.wine/drive_c/Program\
Files/MadOnion.com/3DMark2000/3DMark2000.exe
err:ddraw:DDRAW_Create Couldn't load WineD3D - OpenGL libs not present?
err:ddraw:DDRAW_Create Couldn't load WineD3D - OpenGL libs not present?
err:ddraw:DDRAW_Create Couldn't load WineD3D - OpenGL libs not present?

Note ~/.wine directory generated by Wine does not mention
HKCU/Software/Wine/Direct3D/DirectDrawRenderer key at all. Also, glxgears
runs fine, xdpyinfo says GL is there (ATIFGLEXTENSION, ATIFGLRXDRI, GLX,
SGI-GLX extensions are present).

Martin