Wine disassembly and reverse engineering rules.

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Mon Aug 6 14:10:20 CDT 2007

Am Montag, 6. August 2007 21:02 schrieb James Hawkins:
> "The reverse engineer is required to ask permission first, however."
>
> ...good luck with that.
Asking is easy :-)

Does the reverse engineer have to get permission? If he does need the blessing
of the creator of the reverse engineered software/device, then the whole
interoperability clause would be pointless. (note that I didn't read the
DMCA, nor that page since disassembling Windows is pointless for me and I do
not really speak assembler)