[Winetest] Status update (rsabase and secur32)

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 09:00:56 CDT 2007

Kai Blin wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 August 2007 14:43:33 Paul Vriens wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> The new winetest is running fine and new reports are produced
>> (http://test.winehq.org/data/200708071000/).
>>
>> I have seen at least 2 things so far that I need some info on.
>>
>> rsabase.dll is not available on for example w2k3 and vista but the tests
>> ran in the past.
>>
>> secur32.dll is not available on for example NT4 but the current tests check
>> if security.dll is available instead.
>>
>> What should we do to cater for the above:
>>
>> - we could move for example rsabase tests to rsaenh (we forward everything
>> to rsaenh as well) and something similar for secur32.
>
> Is there a scurity.dll on later win versions? In any case, I think that's a
> little clumsy. I doubt anybody out there is even using security.dll. :)
>
> Cheers,
> Kai

security.dll is available on vista for example but all calls are forwarded to
secur32.dll

So the only issue is with NT4 which doesn't have a secur32.dll. Should we just
silently ignore NT4 for this particular dll? An other alternative is to move all
secur32 tests to security (but that's seems a bit strange). And as said we could
also use an exception list in winetest.

Cheers,

Paul.