[MSI/tests] ConvertSidToStringSid not available on win98/NT4

Jakob Eriksson jakob at vmlinux.org
Thu Aug 9 17:09:17 CDT 2007

Kai Blin wrote:
> On Thursday 09 August 2007 18:01:47 Jakob Eriksson wrote:
>

>> My $.05 ; I would like to see the NT4 column all green some day, because
>> NT4 ended as a very stable and useful version of Windows.
>> If we can't even verify we support NT4 functionality with Wine, how far
>> have we really come?
>>

> That won't happen. E.g. I plan to eventually have Kerberos support in
> secur32.dll. NT4 doesn't do that. So whatever you do that's Win2k or beyond
> won't work on older Windows versions. That doesn't mean the test is bad. It
> also doesn't mean Wine can't run NT applications.
>
> I don't see how exactly having all test work on NT4 will make Wine better.

Thats not exactly what I meant, I think. This Kerberos support comes
from extra functions
in secur32.dll right? The tests then will notice that there is no
Kerberos support and not
run Kerberos tests. Am I mistaken?

Ahh.. :-)

I did not mean a column with all green, but a column with no red. Quite
a difference.
Is that possible to achieve?

regards,
Jakob