[MSI/tests] ConvertSidToStringSid not available on win98/NT4

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 02:13:35 CDT 2007

Jakob Eriksson wrote:
> Kai Blin wrote:
>> On Thursday 09 August 2007 18:01:47 Jakob Eriksson wrote:
>>

>>> My $.05 ; I would like to see the NT4 column all green some day, because
>>> NT4 ended as a very stable and useful version of Windows.
>>> If we can't even verify we support NT4 functionality with Wine, how far
>>> have we really come?
>>>
>> That won't happen. E.g. I plan to eventually have Kerberos support in
>> secur32.dll. NT4 doesn't do that. So whatever you do that's Win2k or beyond
>> won't work on older Windows versions. That doesn't mean the test is bad. It
>> also doesn't mean Wine can't run NT applications.
>>
>> I don't see how exactly having all test work on NT4 will make Wine better.
>>

> Thats not exactly what I meant, I think. This Kerberos support comes
> from extra functions
> in secur32.dll right? The tests then will notice that there is no
> Kerberos support and not
> run Kerberos tests. Am I mistaken?
>
> Ahh.. :-)
>
> I did not mean a column with all green, but a column with no red. Quite
> a difference.
> Is that possible to achieve?
>

> regards,
> Jakob

And that what I'm trying to get at as well. A test results page which is not red
(and probably with a huge number of blue markings).

Getting there is just like implementing the win32 api (chasing a running
target). Tests change all the time. And people who implement new features use of
course (?) winxp or higher to test.

Which brings me to anther question. When are we defaulting to winxp? The test
results look a bit better on xp than win2k. This doesn't mean of course we are
doing better (haven't looked at the todo_wine's in the tests).

Cheers,

Paul.