Our wiki software is ugly

Mitchell Mebane mitchell.mebane at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 21:25:29 CDT 2007

Scott Ritchie wrote:
> Our wiki software needs a major update, especially as we start to expect
> users to actually read it.
>
> For instance, look at the FAQ page:
>
> Then, click on edit and see how it should look.  From what I can tell,
> there are a few obvious errors:
>
> 1) The wiki software is completely ignoring line breaks.  I could hit
> return 4 times and the HTML rendered would be on subsequent lines,
> without a break or paragraph tag between them.
> 2) For some completely strange reason, if you make a list item that
> includes a link then the entire list item will be in a smaller font.
> This makes for extremely weird and inconsistent lists when a link to
> another wiki page is included in some, but not all, of the items.

This is due to http://wiki.winehq.com/wiki/winehq/css/screen.css

#pagebar {
    font-size: 1em;
}

Making links overrides this style, and the preview page does not have
this problem, because the content of the preview page is not enclosed in
the #pagebar element.

Not sure about the others yet.  Could you elaborate on #3 a bit more?

--Mitchell Mebane