Issue(s) when running winetest on Windows

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 01:23:29 CDT 2007

Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Paul Vriens <paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Anyone?
>>
>> This is getting pretty serious now as several test reports that are
>> submitted will never be processed. I could of course try and fix this
>> in the parser but I do want to know what the issue is. The strange
>> thing is that it only happens in the msvcrt test (maybe because it's
>> file related).
>
> The only way is for the parent to wait for the child processes to
> terminate, by waiting on the process handles.

So what do you call the parent in this case? The winetest executable or the test
itself? The test itself is probably the only one who knows about the processes
it spawned/started.

Do you know the reason why msvcrt/file.c uses _spawnvp, where the rest of the
test use CreateProcess (I've read some where that spawnvp is a wrapper around
CreateProcess anyway)?

Cheers,

Paul.