winmm: Change default driver order to be alsa,coreaudio,oss - try2

Maarten Lankhorst m.b.lankhorst at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 14:07:39 CDT 2007

Hi Vitaliy,

Vitaliy Margolen schreef:
> I would still suggest to wait for at least one more week before
> committing this patch. Also historically it was a bad idea to select
> multiple sund devices, as all of them require different settings. For
> example majority of users can't use full acceleration with OSS,
> because in almost all cases it's alsa->oss driver on non hw-mixing
> capable hardware/drivers. While "full" is recommended for ALSA to work
> properly.
To make directsound work in windows, I have committed a bunch of
patches, one of them should make it possible for OSS to work at 'Full'
and still fallback to emulation without crashing, feel free to test it.

By default, no configuration should be needed any more, except to set
rate to 44100 and 16 bit, which is preferred above 22050/8 bit at any time.

Cheers,
Maarten