How to Calling PE Dlls on linux??

trulyliu trulyliu at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 09:38:04 CDT 2007

hi:

I am sorry to disturb you with a question about calling PE Dll on linux.
This is really an old question.
I found the sameness issues in mail list.

http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2003-December/thread.html
http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2005-November/thread.html#41917
http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-users/2004-August/014685.html
http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2006-August/050619.html

I have tried the ways discussed in these threads¡£
But it's not clear enough how to do this.
So I send this mail to you for some help.

I have a PE Dll named Arithmetic.dll which exports a function,
it's prototype is:
void sort(unsigned int*, int num)

I want to call the function in my Linux App.

I used winedump to generate a spec file

winedump spec Arithmetic.dll

This comand generated three files: Arithmetic_dll.h Arithmetic_main.c and
Arithmeticspec.
What's the next exactly step I should do?
What's the usage of the three files?
And wow could I use them?

I made reference to mplayer's implementation,
It's code is a little clutter£¬ and I don't have experience on MS D-Show.
Could you give me some simple sample codes ??

Best Regards.

trulyliu at gmail.com