[1/5] WineD3D: Fall back to drawStridedSlow if fog coords are used

Ivan Gyurdiev ivg231 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 06:52:46 CDT 2007

Stefan Dösinger wrote:
> Up to now we've been lucky that all the games requireing manual fog coords
> haven't used vertex buffers, thus we always went through drawStridedSlow.
> Make sure that the fog also works with vertexbuffers
>
> As for the rejected patches from yesterday, I've moved them back to the bottom
> of the queue when I fixed them, so I will resend them later.

This patch is probably fine, but it makes me look into the surrounding
code [ software blending, changing the strided data ], which is still
incredibly misleading. That should go into its own function, with the
FIXVBO macro removed (since all such macros are evil, without
exception), and a big comment should be added that named access to the
strided data is only valid in the fixed function pipeline and will not
work in the shader pipeline.  Maybe it makes sense to use two different
structures to make this clearer - not sure.