Using pthread_create within Wine

Alex Villací­s Lasso a_villacis at palosanto.com
Wed Aug 22 14:53:37 CDT 2007

Phil Lodwick escribió:
> Greetings,
>

> I have a proprietary library that has both Windows and Linux ports.  The
> Windows DLL has problems running on Wine, so I have created a builtin version
> of this DLL in Wine.  This has worked fine, except for one function that
> basically creates a new thread and fires back events to the calling Window
> application.  I believe I have traced this down to the Linux version of the
> library creating the new thread with pthread_create.

Could you please elaborate on what kind of problems you have when trying
to use the Windows version of your library under Wine? Is there any
particular reason you do not want to build a pure Linux application that
links in the Linux library, therefore bypassing Wine entirely?

Your explanation sounds as if you do not have access to the source code
of the library, and you are therefore trying to use libraryfile.a to
link into a Wine .so file. Is this correct? If so, is the Windows
version of the library a .lib file, or a .dll file? Am I right to guess
your Linux version of the library resides in a .a file, not a .so file ?

If your library is really a .lib file, then what happens if you build
(under Windows) a .dll file which links in your .lib file, and then
build a test program that exercises the newly created .dll file? Does it
work correctly in Windows? Just to check, your library might not support
being loaded as dynamic code.

--
perl -e '$x=2.4;print sprintf("%.0f + %.0f = %.0f\n",$x,$x,$x+$x);'