Using pthread_create within Wine

Phil Lodwick Phil.Lodwick at EFI.COM
Wed Aug 22 15:53:37 CDT 2007

> Could you please elaborate on what kind of problems you have when trying
> to use the Windows version of your library under Wine?

The Wine socket implementation has problems when it comes to select.  A fix
for this problem is not currently on anybody's radar.
http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2006-February/044588.html

> Is there any particular reason you do not want to build a pure
> Linux application that links in the Linux library, therefore
> bypassing Wine entirely?

The application uses libraries that are only available on Windows.

> Your explanation sounds as if you do not have access to the source code
> of the library, and you are therefore trying to use libraryfile.a to
> link into a Wine .so file. Is this correct? If so, is the Windows
> version of the library a .lib file, or a .dll file? Am I right to guess
> your Linux version of the library resides in a .a file, not a .so file ?

No, the Linux version is a .so.

However, now that I have two threads with synchronization between them, all
seems good:

	EXE <--> Wine DLL (Win32-aware thread)
			^

			| Synchronization between threads.

	Wine DLL <--> Linux .so (pthread_create thread)

Phil