[patch] Garbage code in text string display

Guan Xin guanx.bac at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 01:44:43 CDT 2007

On 8/23/07, Juan Lang <juan.lang at gmail.com> wrote:
> You may generally post source to wine-devel if it's short and to the
> point.  Please don't post a binary.

Acturally, this bug is obvious as I have pointed it out. No source is needed
for demonstration. Also I always programmed with Borland's AFX when
I used Windows. So my source is unlikely to compile under WINE or MSVC.
Recently I have no Windows machine and cannot learn Windows API
programming to write those tests.

> Right to the first point, which is why we write tests that pass on
> Windows, and fix Wine to match the tests.  This obviates the need to
> look at Windows source.

You must be mistaken. Tests that fail when WINE is not patched
and pass when patched do not prove correctness of the midification.
They only increase the possibility of its correctness.
I am sorry I never learnt computer science and misunderstood your requisition.

Here is an analogy to show what you are doing:
in order to find out how to turn off the light, a computer scientist
tried to place a piece of wire into the outlet and made a short-circuit.
He succeeded. His `test case' never failed as far as he lived.
The computer scientist electrocuted himself.