getting started...

Steven Edwards winehacker at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 13:56:02 CDT 2007

Hi,

On 8/27/07, Ed Sutter <esutter at alcatel-lucent.com> wrote:
> I'm currently building in a Cygwin environment, using vi, cscope and make
> instead of the VCC development GUI, so I think I'm pretty close already.
> The wine rpm for RH9 (my current host) is 0.9.2, but the source tree appears
> to be newer.  Is this going to be trouble for me?  Or is it just that no one
> has rebuilt the RH9 rpm  to run on RH9?
> Ed

I don't know if there is a git package for RH9 but I'd suggest pulling
down the latest source tree from there. Once you have it you can run
winemaker on your applications source tree and it should build the
correct makefiles for you. In most cases you just need to replace gcc
with winegcc, windres with wrc, etc. I think the linking rules for LD
verse winebuild might be slightly different but I am not sure as its
been a while since I tried to port a winelib application. If you run
in to problems let us know.

Thanks
Steven

--