'Make test' fails for cabinet.dll

Roy Decoutere Roy.Decoutere at pandora.be
Sat Dec 1 15:29:20 CST 2007

Hello,

I'm relatively new to Wine and would like to start contributing. So
running 'make test' on my systems seemed like a good beginning. I have a
desktop and a laptop, both running Gentoo with X/fluxbox and a very
similar setup.
On the laptop the tests for cabinet.dll succeed, but on the desktop they
fail with the output below.

make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/wine/dlls/cabinet/tests'
../../../tools/runtest -q -P wine -M cabinet.dll -T ../../.. -p
cabinet_test.exe.so extract.c && touch extract.ok
extract.c:623: Test failed: Expected dest\a.txt to not exist
extract.c:665: Test failed: Expected dest\testdir\c.txt to not exist
make[2]: *** [extract.ok] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/wine/dlls/cabinet/tests'

I've checked test.winehq.org and I haven't seen reports of cabinet.dll
failing.
I've also reran the tests on the desktop with a new and clean .wine
folder, but this still has the same result.
It at least happens with 0.9.49 and 0.9.50.

Could somebody give me a hint on how to proceed in figuring this out?

Thanks in advance,
Roy