Remove four useless checks in dlls/gdi32/enhmetafile.c (RESEND)

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Sun Dec 2 16:22:51 CST 2007

Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer.com> writes:

> If we want to add some input checking, I assume you would like to
> check that these values are not too large?  (They cannot be negative,
> so the only range checking we can do is on the upper end.)  How should
> this look like?  Any specific upper bounds you have in mind?
>
> Or did I simply fail to explain my original patch, that is, convey the
> point that this actually will not change program behavior?

I'm aware of that, but the purpose of having these warnings is to spot
bugs, and when you find a bug you have to fix it. Yes, the checks
currently don't work, so they should be made to work, not removed. As
the comment says, you have to check that offsets and sizes are contained
within the record.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org