kernel32:add ReadFileScatter

Louis Lenders xerox_xerox2000 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Dec 3 10:28:33 CST 2007

Dan Kegel <dank <at> kegel.com> writes:

> Hey Louis,
> Focht is using a pseudonym, and I believe it's Wine policy to
> not accept patches without real names.
> His patches should be used as guides only,
> and should not be reposted to wine-patches,
> until such time as he decloaks.

Well , sorry, i thought it was OK to send the patch to wine-patches, as he's not
going to send them himself, and also from bugreport he stated clearly (quote):

"you might try attached patch which implements kernel32.ReadFileScatter based
off what I found in MSDN documentation."

So looks like a perfectly "clean" patch to me, and i have no reason to not
believe him

>If he doesn't
> want to decloak, I think we can't use his patches.
>
> I rather wish he would avoid attach patches to
> bugs, as it tempts people into submitting them
> as you have done, which is a waste of effort given
> Wine's policy.

>But I greatly value his ability to describe where and how Wine is wrong.
Me too! So somehow i hope there's a way he keeps being involved in wine.