shdocvw #3: Set default home and search page.

Steven Edwards winehacker at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 05:01:30 CST 2007

On Dec 4, 2007 5:56 AM, Aric Stewart <aric at codeweavers.com> wrote:
> Do we consider wine to be an OEM or a reimplementation of the base
> windows? Setting the homepage is easy enough it is just a registry key.
> However it is not something set when registering shdocvw.dll so i dont
> think we should set it there.  As a config option in winecfg sure.

Distributors of Wine can be OEM's so they need the ability to change
it. OEM's of course can tweak the registry before packaging. IE
provides the ablity to change this setting of course for the user  but
the built in iexplore does not so until its further developed, I think
we need the option for users to change it in winecfg. I'll try to
write a patch in the next day or so that adds this functionality to
winecfg.

--
Steven Edwards