Valgrind support for our unit tests

Zac Brown zac at zacbrown.org
Sat Dec 8 14:59:06 CST 2007

James McKenzie wrote:
> Dan Kegel wrote:

>>> I'm not sure this will work for other people unless they log on as dank :-)
>>>
>> Whoops!
>>

> Since I am a Mac user, does valgrind exist for this platform and if so,
> where can it get/build it?
>
> I feel that reports from Mac users would be useful as well as from the
> Linux community.
>
> Thank you.
>
> James

There is no valgrind port for Mac OS X yet but it looks to me that the
likelihood of there being one is pretty good.

See this link: http://valgrind.org/info/platforms.html

It mentions that Darwin support for x86 will be high, but would that
be that helpful in Leopard? If I recall correctly, Leopard is
fully 64-bit now. <-- Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.

-Zac