wine proccess list

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Tue Dec 11 15:29:12 CST 2007

Gonzalo sent me this thread, and I may be able to get a patch put
together here soon. First, I wanted to make sure I'm on the right path:

Can somebody confirm for me that this is the right location where I
should be trying to fix this?

http://source.winehq.org/source/loader/preloader.c#L1006

FreeBSD has a function called setproctitle(), which I'm pretty sure is
the right one for this task.

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=setproctitle&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=FreeBSD+6.2-RELEASE&format=html

I'll probably try and see about a patch here in the next day or so. Who
do I send it to if I can get it working?

--

Kris Moore
PC-BSD Software

Am Dienstag, 11. Dezember 2007 20:25:20 schrieb Gonzalo Martinez - Sanjuan
Sanchez:
 > El Tuesday 11 December 2007 7:34:49 pm escribió:
 > > Am Dienstag, 11. Dezember 2007 18:02:53 schrieb Gonzalo Martinez -
 > > Sanjuan
 > >
 > > Sanchez:
 > > > Hello to all.
 > > >
 > > > I have something in mind that I would like to ask to Wine developers.
 > > > Is it possible using a hack/trick or a hidden option to change the
 > > > name of wine in the proccess lists?
 > > > I mean, Is it possible to list 'wine' proccess as, for example
 > > > 'iexplorer' when I use Internet Explorer under Wine?
 > > >
 > > > Thanks a lot for your work, hope my question find the answer here.
 > >
 > > This is done since quite some time. apps are usually called
 > > "iexplore.exe", or they have the name of the file that was passed to
 > > wine, like C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
 > >
 > > If you still see "wine", "wineloader" or something similar you have a
 > > very outdated version of wine.
 >
 > Well, im talking about Wine 0.9.48 under FreeBSD/PC-BSD OS.

Ow, ah, this is a different business. I think we use some Linux-only
feature
to set the name, and Alexandre told me that at least MacOS doesn't have
it. I
have no idea if there is a way to change the process name under BSD. If
there
is, feel free to implement it and send a patch