[5/5] gdi: Test bitmap depths

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at codeweavers.com
Wed Dec 12 09:15:11 CST 2007

"Stefan Dösinger" <stefan at codeweavers.com> wrote:

> > Stefan Doesinger <stefan at codeweavers.com> wrote:
> > > This obsolettes the 15 bpp bitmap and 16 bpp screen compatibility since
> > > 15 bpp bitmaps do not exist.
> >
> > 15 bpp bitmaps do exist. According to the Feng Yuan's book that depends on
> > the driver and hardware.
> Do you have any driver / hardware where we could verify or falsify that?

No, I don't. I'd say that even with a technically 15 bpp screen depth
video memory organization a driver would still say "16" in the user
visible settings to avoid a possible user confusion, but report "15"
on the API level.

A google search "15 bpp screen depth site:microsoft.com" finds some info
about this.

--
Dmitry.