Alexandre Julliard : hhctrl.ocx: Store a copy of the string pointers to enable freeing them without casting away const .

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Thu Dec 13 08:55:15 CST 2007

Robert Shearman <rob at codeweavers.com> writes:

> Alexandre Julliard wrote:
>> hhctrl.ocx: Store a copy of the string pointers to enable freeing them without casting away const.
>
> I've noticed that there is a trend of doing more and more of this type
> of fix. Is it really worth the performance penalty of doing this
> instead of adding in an appropriate macro or just not turning on the
> warning?

This warning is on by default now, which is why I fixed it. I don't
think we want to add macros for that sort of thing except in cases where
there's really no way around it. In this specific case, the right way is
to get rid of the Windows structure to avoid the duplication, but I'll
leave that for someone who knows the code better.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org