ENTER_GL and ActivateContext question

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Fri Dec 14 04:17:41 CST 2007

Am Freitag, 14. Dezember 2007 10:55:10 schrieb Michael Stefaniuc:
> I don't know what you mean with proper inline. It's true that "inline"
> is only a hint to the compiler but normally the compiler knows anyway
> better what to inline and what not.
>
> If you really want to force an inline you have the
> __attribute__((always_inline))
What I meant is that we can do a method call, and the C++ compiler finds out
statically at compile time where it will go, and inlines the method
implementation. For example, we do IWineD3DSurface::GetContainer, and the
compiler knows that we have an instance of IWineD3DSurface, and the
implementation of GetContainer is IWineD3DBaseSurface::GetContainer, and
inlines it.