Wine and LD_PRELOAD

Shachar Shemesh shachar at shemesh.biz
Sat Dec 15 16:38:46 CST 2007

Sorry for answering a little late.

Lionel Tricon wrote:

> In fact, we overload a lot of common system call from the standard libc. We
> have slightly modified the fackechroot library and we need to trap almost all
> system calls linked to the filesystem.
I have just (a couple of weeks ago) started a project called
Fakeroot-ng. You can get the (extremely preliminary) sources from SVN on
http://sf.net/projects/fakerootng.

Fakeroot-ng aims to achieve the same goal as fakeroot and fakechroot,
except it uses the ptrace interface rather than the LD_PRELOAD
interface, which, as you can see, has lots and lots of problems with
non-standard applications.

Fakeroot-ng is extremely far from being complete at the moment, but if
you will find it useful, then I can use the extra programming skills.

Shachar