COM

Boaz Harrosh wine at electrozaur.com
Sun Dec 16 03:50:24 CST 2007

----- Original Message -----
*From:* Adelle Hartley <adelle at akemi.com.au>
*To:* wine-devel at winehq.org
*Sent:* Mon, Dec 10 2007 at 19:06 +0200
*Subject:* COM

> Hi all,
>
> I have some COM DLLs which work fine with VB6 applications on wine.
>
> Is it possible to instantiate a windowsy COM object from a linuxy
> application written in some form of C++ (eg, for compilation with gcc)?
>
> Adelle.

You can use a C++ winlib and directly call the COM's C++ API.
It works like a charm. MinGW and Linux. C++ winlib is just your regular
winelib Makefile, with some files named .cpp the gcc will automatically
invoke g++ on them. Regular C-to-C++  linking rules apply.

GCC command line switches are the same, with 16-bit Unicode strings and
others. One more switch that you might need is that -m something that causes
all functions to use the __stdcall, because some versions of GCC have bugs
in regard to function pointers to __stdcall methods. But the regular
CoCreateInstance()/
abstract-class call works in all modes.

Happy COMing
Boaz