New bugzilla components.

Kai Blin kai.blin at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 04:49:17 CST 2007

On Sunday 16 December 2007 11:18:11 Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
> "Kai Blin" <kai.blin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > There's a category for secur32, called wine-sspi for now. As Microsoft
> > calls the whole GSSAPI clone implemented in secur32 and possibly
> > additional dlls SSPI, it makes sense to call the bugzilla component that
> > way.
>
> sspi consists of at least a host and many security provider dlls, which by
> itself tells nothing to a user, or a developer who tries to fix a bug where
> to look for a problem: all of the sspi dlls? some specific dll, provider?
> somewhere else?

IIRC there are five providers that Win2k and WinXP ship, all of them
implemented in secur32.dll. I don't see how renaming the component will
create less confusion for the developers.

However, I'm not feeling strong enough about this to really care. If the wine-
prefix is removed, I need to adapt my email filters anyway. :)

Cheers,
Kai

--
Kai Blin