[Fwd: Re: New bugzilla components.]

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at sprintpcs.com
Sun Dec 16 19:53:11 CST 2007

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: New bugzilla components.
Date: 	Sun, 16 Dec 2007 18:52:40 -0700
From: 	James McKenzie <jjmckenzie51 at sprintpcs.com>
To: 	Dmitry Timoshkov <dmitry at codeweavers.com>
<004f01c83f9a$cae2e500$a600fea9 at DMITRY>
<22821af30712152034t1ee5318ai38eba71df919d38f at mail.gmail.com>
<200712160933.09187.kai.blin at gmail.com>
<001101c83fcc$2b6cd490$a600fea9 at DMITRY>

Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:

> Users are not supposed to set a category the bug belongs to, this requires
> an investigation and knowledge of a developer. Personally I'd prefer to have
> "default" in the list instead of "wine-misc".

Better choice:  Unknown or intial report.  This will allow a user to
file a bug without having to get technical.
This also allows bug triage and for the appropriate developer or
development team to be notified of a new
bug.

As to listing each and every dll, that would be a mess.  Keep it to
components and parts and use keywords if necessary
to identify offending dlls.

James McKenzie