loader: Add --compile-info option to Wine.

Peter Beutner p.beutner at gmx.net
Tue Dec 18 09:43:27 CST 2007

Andrew Riedi schrieb:
> Sometimes Wine has optional features that users want to enable, but that
> require specific headers to compile.  For bug reports, and the user IRC
> channel, it seemed a good idea to add an option to Wine to figure out
> what optional features have been compiled into Wine.  Also, specific
> versions of GCC may cause problems for specific programs that involve
> copy protection software.  To help out users, testers, people who tend
> to our bugzilla, and other people involved with Wine, I decided to add
> an option to Wine to output this valuable information.

+        /* Compiler */
+        printf( "\nCompiler:\n" );
+#ifdef __GNUC__
+        printf( "\tGCC %d.%d.%d\n", __GNUC__, __GNUC_MINOR__, __GNUC_PATCHLEVEL__ );
+# if (__GNUC__ == 4 && (__GNUC_MINOR__ == 0 || __GNUC_MINOR__ == 1))
+        printf( "\t**This GCC may cause problems with copy protection.**\n" );
+# endif
+#endif

As I recall this is not the only version that causes problems. Plus certain compiler
flags have an influence as well. And as most distros ship gcc with a bunch
of patches you probably can't even rely on the gcc version alone.

Imo it would be better to collect the info on a wiki page.