Early wine history

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 11:02:06 CST 2007

I found this announcement from Bob Amstadt announcing the mailing
list, this was dated September 16, 1993:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.windows.x.i386unix/browse_thread/thread/ee272fa922314342/a08260429f730cdf

But according to this status report, it was started in early June 1993:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.windows.x.i386unix/browse_thread/thread/88fbd87c0ae2e48f/5003eb8ed33ae522

Which makes your June 1, 1993 date sound about right :-). Looking a
bit further in that discussion, you can see Eric making a call for
volunteers the next day:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux/msg/106b5f2702b1c53d

-Austin