dll to .so wrapper

bridd bridd at bridd.com
Wed Dec 19 16:57:24 CST 2007

On Wed, 2007-12-19 at 22:26 +0100, Maarten Lankhorst wrote:

> This topic comes up from time to time, usually with mild variations. The
> problem is that wine sets up its own environment and memory layout. In
> the end you will need a .exe (or winelib binary) that uses wine, and a
> socket/pipe/shm function to communicate with the .so, there is no easy
> way to just  dynamically load a dll in an existing program.

I see, so it's sounding like to do this I'd need to have something more
akin to a VST host, that acts as an intermediatory and pumps the video
data from the linux application via a native plugin (.so), into a
winelib compiled program that executes the windows compiled plugin
(.dll) and the sends it back out again.

Probably beyond my skills right now, but thought it was worth seeing if
anyone had trodden a similar route already!

Thanks,

Dave