mapi32: Resolve FIXME regarding attachment lists in MAPISendMail function

Lei Zhang thestig at
Fri Dec 21 13:05:00 CST 2007

On Dec 21, 2007 10:06 AM, Mark Neyhart <Mark_Neyhart at> wrote:
> Lei,
> I am aware that Mozilla and Thunderbird do not support attachments via
> mailto.  I resolved that with a simple wrapper which changes the mailto
> option into the standard command line options which do support attachments.
> The wrapper name can be specified the wine registry.

Your script is probably unnecessary, since there's already a tool for
Linux email integration called xdg-email. It doesn't support
attachments for Thunderbird yet, but I already submitted a patch. [1]

You should specify the attachment file names as /path/to/file, which
is the format supported by xdg-email and every other Linux mail
client, rather than file:///path/to/file, which doesn't work for
anything but your script.

- Lei