mapi32: Resolve FIXME regarding attachment lists in MAPISendMail function

Mark Neyhart Mark_Neyhart at legis.state.ak.us
Fri Dec 21 15:54:35 CST 2007

Hans Leidekker wrote:
> On Friday 21 December 2007 19:06:03 Mark Neyhart wrote:
>
>> How about if I use the &attachment= parameter only if a file list is
>> provided by the caller to MAPISendMail?  That way applications which are
>> not attempting to provide attachments will work the same way as before.
>
> I don't think that's any better. In this case, when there's an attachment,
> mail clients will choke on your non-standard mailto url and fail silently,
> which is worse than showing up without attachments.
>
> How about adding an --attach option to winebrowser and replacing the
> ShellExecute call with CreateProcess? I.e. make MAPISendMail fetch
> the preferred mail client from the registry and start it with the mailto
> url on the command line. If it's winebrowser and if there are attachments,
> add them through the --attach parameter.
>
>  -Hans

This makes sense to me.  I do have a couple of questions.

Can you refer me to examples of command line parameter parsing which I could
use in winebrowser?

Are you referring to registry key [Software\\Classes\mailto\shell\open\command]
as the preferred mail client?

Should I replace the ShellExecuteA call with CreateProcessA only when I have
attachments or in all cases?