New bugzilla components (round 3)

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Sat Dec 22 12:54:17 CST 2007

Ok we talked and talked and talked and where did it all go? Where are the
agreed upon changes?

If we can't agree on everything, then lets do parts that everyone is ok
with. Then decide on more changes.

So far this what everyone was happy with:

wine-misc -> unknown (default selection)

test -> test (change description to "Conformance tests")
wine-advapi32 -> advapi32
wine-atl -> atl
wine-comctl32 -> comctl32
wine-console -> console
wine-crypt32 -> crypt32
wine-dbghelp -> dbghelp
wine-debug -> winedbg
wine-directx* -> directx*
wine-documentation -> documentation
wine-dos -> dos
wine-gdi-(printing) -> gdi32
wine-gdiplus -> gdiplus
wine-help -> hhctrl - Help viewer implementation
wine-kernel -> kernel32
wine-loader ->loader
wine-msi -> msi
wine-msvcrt -> msvcrt
wine-msxml -> msxml3
wine-ole -> ole
wine-opengl -> opengl
wine-quartz -> quartz
wine-richedit -> richedit
wine-setupapi -> setupapi
wine-shdocvw -> shdocvw
wine-shell32 -> shell32
wine-urlmon -> urlmon
wine-user -> user32
wine-usp10.dll -> usp10
wine-winelib -> winelib
wine-x11driver -> x11driver

Add new components:
-> wininet - Internet connectivity and Layer-7 protocols
-> wintrust - Cryptography and trust verifications
-> advpack - INF file based installation engine
-> imagehlp - PE binary file manipulations, signed file handling
-> shlwapi - Various shell helper functions
-> vdm - Wine 16-bit compatibility layer
-> comdlg32 - Common dialogs such as open/save/print/font

Remove:
Wine-Rebar

------------------------------
This is up for discussion:

New keywords:
ports - OS specific issues and portability
hardware - Issues communicating with HW such as serial/parallel/cdrom/usb
integration - Bugs related to Wine integration into OS (menu, MIME-types, look)
ipc - Communication between Wine processes or app tasks/processes/threads

New components:
-> fonts - Wine fonts
-> ntdll - NT-native API implementation
-> wineserver - The Wine "kernel"
-> build-env - Configure, Makefile and all related scripts

Need to reclassify bugs before removing:
wine-binary ->
wine-ipc ->
wine-gui ->
wine-patches ->
wine-ports ->
wine-multimedia ->
wine-net ->
wine-resources ->

Need ideas
wine-dotnet -> (should probably replace with mscoree and add "dotnet" keyword)
wine-files -> (keyword "filesystem"? Not many bugs but pretty important)

Vitaliy.