ole32: Fix a failed call to DllGetClassObject while retrieving class object interface pointer.

Huang, Zhangrong hzhrong at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 22:37:05 CST 2007

hi,

2007/12/23, James Hawkins <truiken at gmail.com>:
> On Dec 22, 2007 6:57 PM, Maarten Lankhorst <maarten at codeweavers.com> wrote:
> > James Hawkins schreef:

> > > Disassembling native Windows binaries is not allowed in this project,
> > > so I'm afraid none of your patches can be accepted
> > This is not the first time such disassemble occurs, I think it should be
> > made more clear that disassembly is not allowed in the wine project.

Thank you for mentioning that. But, I think that's kind of mixing up.
I didn't do anything like disassembly code to source code translation.
I just saw how native binaries work when debugging my app in Windows.

I didn't have much knowledge about COM, so I searched MSDN and found
some useful info about DllGetClassObject, then I wrote the patch, it's
quite clean.

Why I mentioning disassembly is just giving a sample that how to call
DllGetClassObject,
it doesn't mean I have done anything illegal to wine.

Anyway, have you tried my testcase? Then how can we fix the problem?

> > After looking at the wine faq, I only see disassembling mentioned once
> > in "Who can't contribute to Wine?", not even in a full sentence. Perhaps
> > it should be made prominent in the documentation about 'sending patches'
> > and debugging parts, and also give it a seperate mentioning in the wiki?
> >
> > -Maarten
> >

> You could paste it all over winehq.org and the docs and it'll still happen.

That could be useful.

--
$ apt-get moo
         (__)